BATS Marketing and Fundraising Manager
Play a key role in one of New Zealand's leading arts organisations!
BATS Theatre is the largest developmental theatre in New Zealand, presenting an annual programme of more than 90 shows across three performance spaces that encompass theatre, dance, music and comedy. BATS is recognised and funded as an Arts Leadership Organisation by Creative New Zealand and is also supported by the Wellington City Council.
The BATS Marketing and Fundraising Manager is responsible for collaboratively creating, overseeing and implementing the BATS Marketing Plan and BATS Development Plan. They will have energy, excellent communication skills and motivation to develop audiences, while providing guidance to practitioners.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a total belief in BATS' vision and have the ability to work as part of a team to ensure BATS remains at the beating heart of the arts in Wellington.
You'll be involved in:
- Managing marketing and publicity of BATS Theatre
- Liaison with our shows and festivals to support marketing and publicity
- Audience development and community engagement
- Fundraising activities including grant applications, donor recruitment, developing corporate partnerships and organising fundraising initiatives and events
- Driving BATS web and social media presence
Desired Skills / Experience:
- Relationship management
- Design skills
- Database management for fundraising purposes
- Website CMS management
- Analytical and financial knowledge
- Skilled advocate for the arts
- Arts marketing knowledge
- Ability to work as part of a small team
- Basic knowledge of theatre production
- Experience in arts marketing an asset
- An understanding of the BATS philosophy
The ideal start date is October, 2017. This is a three year fixed term contract.
For more information please see the Position Description
How to apply
Email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications close 5pm, Monday 9 October, 2017. Late applications will not be considered.
Please note that only those individuals with a suitable background will be contacted. Thank you in advance for your application.