Help one of New Zealand's leading arts organisations celebrate its 30th Anniversary!
BATS Theatre is the largest developmental theatre in New Zealand, presenting an annual programme of more than 90 shows across three performance spaces that encompass theatre, dance, music and comedy. BATS is recognised and funded as an Arts Leadership Organisation by Creative New Zealand and is also supported by the Wellington City Council.
On 1 April 2019, BATS will celebrate 30 years of nurturing creative talent and showcasing exciting New Zealand performance. We are looking for a creative person to coordinate the development and delivery of a programme of activities and events designed to increase our audience reach, our profile, and support for BATS Theatre.
The Project Manager will be employed on a part-time basis, approximately 10 hours per week until mid-late December 2019. The role may include some evening and weekend hours.
- An understanding and belief of the BATS vision and kaupapa
- Knowledge and understanding of theatre, the BATS community and BATS history
- Previous project management experience, including budget management
- An ability to successfully establish and manage external partnerships
- Highly organised and able to work autonomously and to deadlines
- Experience delivering a varied programme of high profile events
- Research and development skills
- Fundraising and marketing skills
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, Google Drive etc)
- Ability to work as part of a small team
The ideal start date is early April, 2018. This is a fixed term contract.For information please see the Position Description here.
Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Applications close 5pm, Monday 12 March, 2018. Late applications will not be considered.
Please note that only those individuals with a suitable background will be contacted. Thank you in advance for your application.