BARNIE IS A REAL COMEDIAN NOW.
SquareSums&Co Presents Barnie Duncan Just Jolks
“Barnie is bound for future award glory. You’ll struggle to stop laughing…”
Barnie usually makes elaborate, physical shows with many props and (at least) 75 lighting cues. But this year he is throwing all that away, and just doing... jokes. For one whole hour, it will just be him and a microphone on stage... maybe a stool and a glass of water as well.
What happens to this comedian's mind when he is forced to stand still for an hour and just talk? So…… many…… jolks! Come and witness this unconventional, multi-award winning comedian pull stand-up comedy apart, and put it back together again, to suit his brain!
“Just the sort of boundary-nudging work that comedy festivals should be encouraging”
WHO EVEN IS BARNIE DUNCAN?
- Holden Barnes on Shortland Street – a father with a complicated addiction to donating sperm.
- That actor guy currently going viral thanks to his stand-out cliff-hanging performance in the latest Macpac ad.
- Winner Best Performer 2022, Whangarei Fringe Festival (Barnie Duncan is Funny for One Hour)
- Nominee Fred Award for Best Show 2019, NZICF (Tap Head)
- Winner Best Comedy 2018, Adelaide Fringe Festival (Different Party)
- Winner 2017 Anywhere Theatre Award, Brisbane (Weekend at Barnie’s)
- Nominee Best Newcomer 2015, Melbourne International Comedy Festival (Calypso Nights)
- Winner Skinny Magazine Genius Award, Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2014 (Calypso Nights)